19 Mar 2015
Bianchi Introduces New Aquila CV
The TT/Triathlon carbon frame engineered with Countervail vibration cancelling technology was unveiled in Bergerac at the start of stage 20 Time Trial
Bianchi’s push for development of world class frames and performance technology continues with the introduction of new super aerodynamic TT-TriathlonAquila CVcarbon frame withCountervailtechnology. The official unveiling took placeon the day ofTour de Francefinal time trial from Bergerac to Perigueux, in Team Belkin’s warm-up area inBergeracon SaturdayJuly 26th. The new Time Trial-Triathlon carbon frame with patented Countervail material features superior aerodynamic design and performance specifically engineered for time-trial and triathlon competitions.
New Aquila CV makes its race debut on the very day, asTeam Belkin’sBauke MollemaandLaurens Ten Dam– currently 7thand 8thin Tour de France GC – will both use it on the 54 km time trial effort.
Bianchi main goal was to minimize aerodynamic drag through system engineered and seamless integration components. Frame has entirely smooth surfaces and no exposed fasteners.
Aquila CV is engineered and designed using the most advancedCFD(Computational Fluid Dynamics) simulation software and pro athlete feedback. Bianchi’s new TT/Tri bike is developed and tested in the wind tunnel. The front area of the frame, fork and bars are the most important profiles when considering aerodynamic drag on a bicycle. These are the first areas encountering undisturbed air. Bianchi focused their efforts in these critical areas with a system engineered philosophy to component design and aero integration.
ANGELO LECCHI (PRODUCT MANAGER): “PERFECT BIKE FOR A RACE LIKE TODAY’S”
Bianchi Product ManagerAngelo Lecchiexplained the advantage Team Belkin’s riders Bauke Mollema and Laurens Ten Dam will be able to rely on when using the new TT machine on the 54 km time trial. "Aquila CV with Countervail technology is perfectly suited to the kind of long distance stage the riders will find today: a long time trial on a lumpy route, making muscle fatigue reduction and superior handling two key performance assets. In addition, the super aerodynamic design is set to provide a real advantage on any kind of TT route” Lecchi said.
“Aquila CV was engineeredwith our Countervail patented carbon material to help the riders to reduce the fatigue and increase the ride control. The results is an improved overall performance: Bauke and Laurens were enthusiastic when testing it, and are now looking forward to ride it in today’s TT” Lecchi added.
COUNTERVAIL MATERIAL AND TECHNOLOGY
Bianchi is proud to be the first to introduceCountervail® Vibration Cancelling Technologyfor a TT-triathlon bicycle. With the patented carbon fiber architecture and viscoelastic material, Countervail® carbon material, embedded within the Aquila CV carbon frame and fork, immediately cancels vibration while increasing the stiffness and strength of the entire frame/fork system.
SUPER AERO HANDLEBAR
Aquila CV features Bianchi system designed, and NACA proven airfoil shape of the handlebar, smoothly integrated into the form of the frontal area of the frame. The new bike also features by the internal routing of all cabling and wires.The stem offers three different lengths: 90, 110 and 130 mm.
Bianchi’s experience in the wind tunnel combined with CFD simulation confirmed that front end of the Aquila minimizes aerodynamic drag. With this in mind, Bianchi engineered a customized front cover hiding the brake system. The rearbrake is positioned in the bottom-bracket area to minimize aerodynamic drag.
DUAL POSITION SEATPOST
Bianchi’s proprietary aluminium seatpost clamp features 2 different positions enabling road TT and triathlon specific configurations with +/- 18mm setback.
THE ADVANTAGES OF AQUILA CV’S TECHNOLOGY
- Maximized ride control and handling, allowing the rider sustained best aero position in varied road conditions
- Reduced muscle fatigue, in particular the neck, shoulders and lower back empowering leg strength and increasing overall duration
- Increased energy savings, improve the rider’s overall performance
- Increased rigidity and peak power output over long distances
- NACA (National Advisory Committee for Aeronautics) aerodynamic profiles
- Monocoque carbon frame - Optimized for aerodynamics, efficiency, and comfort
- High-modulus carbon frame with revolutionary Countervail® Vibration Cancelling Technology
- Full carbon fork Countervail® Vibration Cancelling Technology
- TT/Tri dedicated geometry with 76.5° seat tube, 72° head tube angles
- Adjustable rear dropouts for precise rear wheel positioning minimizing turbulence
- Mechanical and electronic component compatibility
- System-Integrated aerodynamic bar and stem
- Concealed front brake
- Rear brake behind bottom-bracket reduces turbulence and drag
- Weight: 1,25 Kg
- Sizes: XS – S – M - L